CYCLING WITHOUT AGE FACTS
As of February 2023
- Invented in 2012 in Copenhagen
- Active chapters in 39 countries
- Starting up in 20 countries
- 3,050 chapter locations
- 4,900 trishaws
- 39,000 trained cycle pilots
- Over 3 million rides and over 650,000 people served
- Oldest pilot is 90 (Jørgen Hass, Denmark)
- Oldest passenger Pauline Angleman, 110 from California (sharply followed by youngster Edith Green, 108, from Bournemouth)
Getting started with a Cycling Without Age chapter is an amazing experience. Nothing beats witnessing the joy of the elderly, pilots and personnel interact on and around the trishaw and seeing the smiles of passengers coming back from their first ride with wind in their hair, rosy cheeks and full of stories. We love to experience the movement of Cycling Without Age spreading all over the world and always welcome more to join.
We have launched a simple Affiliate model for communities, nursing homes, cities and individuals worldwide to become part of the movement.
Grants available to federally-funded nursing facilities in Massachusetts
Did you get a call from us regarding the CMP grant in Massachusetts? We would love to include you in our grant application. Please head over to the grant page and register your interest now or connect with our Grants Director Pernille Bussone.
“Listening to the story of an elderly person brings so much meaning to our own lives.”
A Brief But Spectacular take on the right to relate as it appeared on PBS Newshour in February 2023.
Find and contact a chapter of Cycling Without Age near you
- Coffee friends
- Chapters with trishaws
- New chapters fundraising for trishaws