CYCLING WITHOUT AGE FACTS
As of December 2021
- Invented in 2012 in Copenhagen
- Represented in 52 countries
- 2,700 chapter locations
- 3,700 trishaws
- 35,000 trained cycle pilots
- Over 2.5 million rides and over 575,000 people served
- Oldest pilot is 90 (Jørgen Hass, Denmark)
- Oldest passenger Pauline Angleman, 110 from California (sharply followed by youngster Edith Green, 108, from Bournemouth)
Getting started with a Cycling Without Age chapter is an amazing experience. Nothing beats witnessing the joy of the elderly, pilots and personnel interact on and around the trishaw and seeing the smiles of passengers coming back from their first ride with wind in their hair, rosy cheeks and full of stories. We love to experience the movement of Cycling Without Age spreading all over the world and always welcome more to join.
We have launched a simple Affiliate model for communities, nursing homes, cities and individuals worldwide to become part of the movement.
Give a present that matters
Cycling Without Age is a global movement building intergenerational relationships on cycle trishaw rides. We’re 35,000 changemakers in 52 countries and with these 3 amazing posters created by artist 4ur3lia we will raise funds to support chapters in the Global South. This autumn we are raising funds for chapters in Sikasso/Mali and Port Harcourt/Nigeria.
Cycling Without Age is following the situation very carefully. Our beneficiaries, older adults, are vulnerable people for whom the consequences of contracting coronavirus is potentially severe.
We recommend that (… read more)
Find and contact a chapter of Cycling Without Age near you
- Coffee friends
- Chapters with trishaws
- New chapters fundraising for trishaws