Cycling Without Age is following the situation very carefully. Our beneficiaries, older adults, are vulnerable people for whom the consequences of contracting coronavirus is potentially severe.
We recommend that (… read more)
CYCLING WITHOUT AGE FACTS
As of March 2021
- Invented in 2012 in Copenhagen
- Represented in 51 countries
- 2,500 chapter locations
- 3,500 trishaws
- 35,000 trained cycle pilots
- Over 1.9 million people served
- Oldest pilot is 90 (Jørgen Hass, Denmark)
- Oldest passenger Edith Green, 108, from Bournemouth (sharply followed by youngsters Gerda Mathiasen, Dragør/Denmark, Madam Yeo Iu, Singapore, and Dagny Carlsson, Sweden, all 107)
Starting a chapter in your local community
Getting started with a Cycling Without Age chapter is an amazing experience. Nothing beats witnessing the joy of the elderly, pilots and personnel interact on and around the trishaw and seeing the smiles of passengers coming back from their first ride with wind in their hair, rosy cheeks and full of stories. We love to experience the movement of Cycling Without Age spreading all over the world and always welcome more to join.
We have launched a simple Affiliate model for communities, nursing homes, cities and individuals worldwide to become part of the movement. We already have a wealth of experience in working with nursing home staff and management, city councils, other volunteer organizations, cyclists federations as well as great ideas of how to get the initiative off the ground and locals excited.
Find and contact a chapter of Cycling Without Age near you
- Coffee friends
- Chapters with trishaws
- New chapters fundraising for trishaws